PADI Tec 40 Diver
Course Type: Diving Pro Tec
Become an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. You will build on your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving and snorkeling activities and work on developing teaching skills. After this course you will be able to take on some teaching responsibilities under the supervision of a PADI Instructor.
What will you learn
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 meters.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
Equipment & Materials
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 meters / 60 feet.
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
At least 1 Pool Dive and 3 Ocean Dives