PADI Assistant Instructor
Course Type: Diving Pro
Become an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. You will build on your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving and snorkeling activities and work on developing teaching skills. After this course you will be able to take on some teaching responsibilities under the supervision of a PADI Instructor.
Why do this course
This is a step towards becoming and PADI Instructor for people not ready to take the leap to the full Open Water Scuba Instructor Course. It builds on the theory and skills you learned in the Divemaster course and you start learning the PADI System of diver education. It is also a great way of gaining experience before becoming a scuba diving instructor.
Equipment & Materials
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Various Pool and Ocean dives to learn and practice teaching skills